Aging can take a toll on every part of your body, including your mouth. Cosmetic dentistry offers a good way to obtain a younger and more attractive appearance. It can also have the added benefits of improving your overall health.
Many things can occur to teeth and gums over time. Even with proper dental hygiene and checkups, sometimes your smile can become unsightly. If this happens to you, consult an experienced cosmetic dentist to learn ways that your appearance may be improved. You might be surprised at all of the options available through cosmetic dentistry today! This branch of dentistry allows professionals to correct asymmetry, alter teeth height, repair abnormal chewing patterns and more. The technology is advanced and procedures are safe and often virtually painless.
What are some examples of ways your look can be changed through cosmetic dentistry?
- Porcelain veneers may be used to immediately transform your smile. Many issues like discolorations, misalignment, gaps, chips and more are instantly erased.
- Composite resin bonding can be applied to teeth to change the shape, color and even size. Bonding also gives a natural look for repairing chips or discolorations.
- Dental implants provide a natural, comfortable and secure solution for missing teeth. No more holes in your smile, risk of other teeth shifting, or hassles with other options like dentures or bridges.
- Dental crowns may be applied to complete the process of root canal therapy, or to protect any tooth that is damaged or at risk from habits such as teeth grinding or from advanced tooth decay.
- Inlays or onlays may be used when old dental fillings need to be replaced. These are effective alternatives to fillings that no longer perform their job or look unsightly in your mouth.
These are only some of the treatments available through your cosmetic dentist. No matter what you dislike about your smile, chances are there is a remedy. See the cosmetic dentists in Bastrop today at our dental office for answers.